Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Back in the USA

Today I arrived back in the US. What a change from the warm sunny climate of Chile! I am currently in northern IL, almost right on the lakefront, and my fingers are chilly and my nose a little nippy as I type:-)

Last night while I was flying out of Santiago I actually got a little teary-eyed. For the short time that I was there I managed to make several real friendships and gain an appreciation for Chile that I never had before. The country, the culture and the people became real to me in a way that I didn't really expect. One month doesn't seem like a long enough time to truly invest in a different culture, but I guess that is what happened to me. Now to try and think it all out a bit!

Hope you don't mind joining me on an exploration of what this trip has meant to me. No more live updates from the Southern hemisphere, but I feel like my adventures with Chile may be just beginning. I'll keep you updated on how that goes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home