Friday, January 20, 2006

A better day in the South

Today we went to the beach and I spent 4 hours lying in the sun and reading a paperback adventure novel! This has been one of the most relaxing courses that I have ever taken;-) I certainly needed the slower pace and the beautiful weather. It hasn´t rained once since I got here, and it is cool at the coast with breezes straight off the ocean. God has been so kind to me to give me such a great time, and such a great tan!

Well, the tan might not be so great. Currently it looks like a sunburn... Jana told me there is hole in the ozone over Chile, and I thought SPF 40 sunscreen would be adequate, but not quite. It isn´t terribly painful, and the fact that it will turn into a nice tan makes the minor difficulty less terrible.

Not much more here. Life is good. Carlos, Claudia´s husband, is coming in tonight to spend the weekend. On Monday I will head back into Santiago with him and go back to the Davilas. Then, just a short time more and I will be heading to frigid Chicago, where my walks will take place in the snow, rather than in the warm sand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home