Saturday, January 14, 2006

Fun in the Cementario General

Today Jana and I went to the Cementario General. I know it sounds strange to list a visit to a cemetery as a highlight of your trip but I found it fascinating. I love to visit cemeteries! I don't think it is because I am morbid, since I am very much in love with life, but there is something about all the stories that are lying in one place that just calls to me. I agree with Anne of Green Gables: Cemeteries do provide so much scope for the imagination!

Anyway, the cemetery was beautiful and very interesting. I took 98 pictures while I was there; many were for my photographic essay but some were just because I liked them. This is an old cemetery so many of the crypts are more elaborate than what you see in the US. I am posting a few pictures for you to enjoy as well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home