Wednesday, January 04, 2006

A slow day in Santiago

Today has been slow and I like it. It is hard to believe that I have already been gone for almost a week. I suppose that I should feel like I am not at home....this afternoon I took a nap with a fan blowing on me because it was roughly 90*F in the shade! The heat is dry, though, and I haven't been feeling overwhelmed by it. Being the "walking inferno", I don't need the added heat:-) Jana really feels the heat, and when I hear her talk I realize that I am not the only one.

We talked about homeschooling today. She gave me a good idea of what she was considering doing and what she would like my role to be. Working here looks good, but I am still praying about what I should do. Leaving the US for a year is not an easy decision. Besides, I am terrible at closing doors--the options seem so attractive! Still finding out what is involved in coming and looking at all my options.

Today we stayed home and watched The Two Towers. Christopher really likes the movies, and Alyssa gets the edited version. I almost forgot what it is like to watch complex movies with children. There is a lot more explanations, fast-forwarding and simplification. Whew! It makes movie viewing complicated!

I just found out today that my cousin David and his wife Angela are in New Zealand. I'm not the only one enjoying the north/south flip in the seasons! New Zealand is a gorgeous country, from the reports of my acquaintances and all the pictures I've seen. I wonder if tourism has grown since the release of the LOTR films.

There is not a whole lot more to say. I played several games of Boggle with Jana, helped her around the house, did some internet research on the upcoming presidential run-off election and religion in Chile. A calm but productive day~ for the most part:-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home